Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bathing suit saga...

Day 3

I've been swimming all my life - not just since I decided to get serious about my health. So, I was swimming the other day and when I got out of the pool I realized my bathing suit had worn to the point that it was virtually see through in places. I wonder if that's why there is hardly ever anyone in the pool when I am there. Do you think I scared them off? I have to admit that getting a glimpse of me through the suit could alarm the faint of heart.

So, as you know from yesterday's post, I ordered one online and that was a disaster. I then went shopping and that was a also a disaster. What is it with bathing suit makers? Don't they think that being fat is enough? Do they really think that fat women want to look as ugly as possible? I mean really - every bathing suit I find is black with either some barf green or some eggplant purple pattern. It's not as if wearing black is going to prevent people from noticing me. A new trend this year seems to be that all the fat lady bathing suits have these weird little skirts attached, kind of like bathing suits from the early part of the last century. Oh really - is that supposed to protect the public from the site of my abundant thighs? Don't think so.

Anyway, I'll have to forgot swimming for a couple of weeks because family stuff and work deny me the time to do more shopping.

Again, I had a good calorie count yesterday. I use Spark Peopleto chart my intake and my activity level. If I don't record everything I eat then I tend to nibble a bit here and a bit there and by bedtime it adds up way toooo high.

Yup, things are going okay but it's early days in this process. I'd love to hear how and what you are doing.

Remember - you are entitled to a better day.






No comments:

Post a Comment