Every pound is a symbol of how I neglected myself. And now, after years and years of parenting (yes, I've been around a long time - still raising children who are the same age as some of my grandchildren), I am paying the price for taking care of everyone except me. So, when I consider my obesity, it isn't about blaming myself or my stress or my children, it's about realizing that over the years I forgot about me.
I learned, and taught, and wrote about everything I could find and create about how to raise children with behavior disorders. Good for me, I'm proud of myself. I've done, and continue to do, a good job. However, in the process, I didn't do a darned thing about how to take care of myself nor did I help other Hazardous Parents learn to make their own stress management and their own health a priority.
So, those days are gone. I'm taking care of me now, as well as my children, and the weight is the very obvious symbol of how well I'm doing that.
Today I will swim and I will move whenever possible. I will also smile more & worry less. For me, that's a very daunting to do list, but I can try, eh.
Hey friends, remember, you are entitled to a better day.
Check me out at facebook Hazardous Parenting site & on Youtube.
Here's a tasty vegan corn muffin recipe from Madhurams Eggless Cooking: It's great with a nice vegan stew.
Prep time:15 Mins
Cook time:18 Mins + 5 Mins Cooling
You can’t go wrong with this vegan corn muffin recipe. It’s unbelievably simple and delicious.
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoonSalt
- 1.5 teaspoon Ener-G Egg Replacer (in place of 1 egg)
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 cup Milk (I used Unsweetened Soy Milk)
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil (
- Preheat oven at 400F/200C for 15 minutes. Grease muffin cups with spray on stuff.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a blender/food processor add Ener-G, water, milk and oil. Blend it thoroughly, for about 3 minutes.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.