Monday, July 21, 2014

Why....

I've received a lot of questions about why I chose to call this a *weight loss* blog. People have suggested I should call it a *healthy living* blog, or a *positive lifestyle* blog, or a *vegan food* blog -----something that isn't so limited or value based. Well, I pondered the name for quite some time before I chose the weight loss title. My reason is because I see my weight as a very visible picture of how I've neglected my self care while I've been raising my challenging children.

Every pound is a symbol of how I neglected myself. And now, after years and years of parenting (yes, I've been around a long time - still raising children who are the same age as some of my grandchildren), I am paying the price for taking care of everyone except me. So, when I consider my obesity, it isn't about blaming myself or my stress or my children, it's about realizing that over the years I forgot about me.

I learned, and taught, and wrote about everything I could find and create about how to raise children with behavior disorders. Good for me, I'm proud of myself. I've done, and continue to do, a good job. However, in the process, I didn't do a darned thing about how to take care of myself nor did I help other Hazardous Parents learn to make their own stress management and their own health a priority.

So, those days are gone. I'm taking care of me now, as well as my children, and the weight is the very obvious symbol of how well I'm doing that.

Today I will swim and I will move whenever possible. I will also smile more & worry less. For me, that's a very daunting to do list, but I can try, eh.

Hey friends, remember, you are entitled to a better day.
Check me out at facebook Hazardous Parenting site & on Youtube.

Here's a tasty vegan corn muffin recipe from Madhurams Eggless Cooking:  It's great with a nice vegan stew.

Eggless Cooking


Vegan Corn Muffins
Prep time:15 Mins
Cook time:18 Mins + 5 Mins Cooling
Yields:8 Muffins
You can’t go wrong with this vegan corn muffin recipe. It’s unbelievably simple and delicious.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup All purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup Yellow Cornmeal
  • 3 tablespoons Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoonSalt
  • 1.5 teaspoon Ener-G Egg Replacer (in place of 1 egg)
  • 2 tablespoons Water
  • 1 cup Milk (I used Unsweetened Soy Milk)
  • 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil (
PROCEDURE:
  1. Preheat oven at 400F/200C for 15 minutes. Grease muffin cups with spray on stuff.
  2. In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  3. In a blender/food processor add Ener-G, water, milk and oil. Blend it thoroughly, for about 3 minutes.
  4. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
  5. Fill the muffin cups 2/3rds full.
  6. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Read More:http://www.egglesscooking.com/2009/01/21/vegan-corn-muffins/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment