Wednesday, May 1, 2013

This takes too long...

Day 14

I had intended to post more frequently than I have been able to do. Life just doesn't allot me enough hours in the day to get everything done. I'm sure your life is the same. 

So, here I am - two weeks into this, and I feel like I should be dozens of pounds lighter. Slow and sensible weight loss is a total pain. I've never been one for delayed gratification - I guess I wouldn't have so much of a weight issue if I was okay with that. But truly, the real challenge with weight loss is that there isn't any sign of it for so long. I'm aiming for a pound a week - at my weight that's hardly a dent in my chin dimple for the next few weeks. As well, I've chosen not to weigh myself because I know that's a set up for disaster for me.

This all means that I have to wait till my clothes are looser and I have to buy a smaller size. That could be months from now. Ohhh, what a pain. Still, I'm determined to succeed so I'll keep at it, but I feel like I should be awarded some "good girl" prize!

I've been doing okay on my calorie intake - I've been at the high end of where I want to be but still within goal on a daily basis. My challenge right now is my activity level, sure not doing enough. Again, lack of time. I sincerely want to get to the gym but some of the needs/demands of my adult children are eating up the time in which I'm not at work & of course there are still the younger children who need parenting and....and....and....

I know many would say that is just an excuse, but those of us who raised kids with extreme challenges know that the active part of parenting doesn't stop when they move out or attain some form of independence. They still have high needs that only we parents can meet, and, with one or two in crisis now they are taking up my time.

I'm not going to beat myself up or feel defeated. I will persevere, that's the one thing that all Hazardous Parents do so well - we persevere no matter what obstacles are presented. We just keep going.

Here's some interesting info on the relationship between blood sugar and stress - chronic stress can alter blood sugar levels which causes mood swings, fatigue, and hyperglycemia. Many of us also end up with metabolic syndrome which is an open door to Type 2 diabetes. Well, I got the metabolic syndrome and eventually the Type 2 diabetes - it runs in my family, even my skinny cousin has it, but the stress over the last few years sure didn't help.

Okay, back to work, back to counting my calories for the day, and back to finding some way to at least take a walk.

Chat later.

By the way, don't forget to check out the Hazardous Parenting facebook page, and, you can look me up on Youtube - I'm putting up a bunch of videos (4 so far, intending on 100) that have to do with stress management. I truly believe that if I'd managed my stress over the last few years I wouldn't need to do a weight loss blog now - instead, I could do a blog that was all about bragging about my magnificent body and super health. True, I wouldn't have bragged about that (at least not publicly), but I would have preferred to be in a position where I could help people by my positive example instead of my failure. Ah well, that's the way it goes in the Hazardous Parenting lane. 

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed of your interesting posts. I value your hard work. May your awesome blog remain forever. May you be blessed with good health and longest life.

    ReplyDelete